Since opening in 2014, BASIS San Antonio North Central’s student achievement has blossomed. Much like at other BASIS.ed-managed charter schools, students at BASIS San Antonio North Central are diverse in their interests and talents, and are active academic and extracurricular participants on both local and national levels. BASIS San Antonio North Central has recently started its college counseling program, which prompted students to become even more involved— thus, perpetuating the BASIS Schools Effect—in demonstrating the value of a BASIS.ed education to college and university admissions boards. Already, BASIS San Antonio North Central has hosted visits from Southwestern University, Texas A&M University, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, and Whitman College in just the first two months of the school year, with more to come.
Highlights from the 2015–2016 school year:
- The middle school flag football team was named
- Middle school Girls’ Volleyball placed 2nd in State.
- Members of the Boys’ Basketball team received Regional
and All-State Awards based on rebounds, steals, blocks, points,
academic GPAs, and community involvement.
- Strings students earned a superior rating on their performance at
a Solo and Ensemble event.
- Two teams placed 1st in their respective age groups at the 2015–16
Central Texas Regional Math Olympiad.
- BASIS San Antonio North Central’s chess team is reigning champion
of the Central Texas Charter League.
- A 9th grade student (competing against 10th grade students from
all across the city in a Latin competition) received summa cum
laude distinction (top 10%) on the pentathlon and beat 20 other
students to take 1st place on the Latin Derivatives Exam.